Terms and conditions
MetaShare’s terms and conditions can be found on this page.
- If you use MetaShare Online or Self-hosted MetaShare Online, the prerequisite is that your Office subscription has SharePoint Online Plan 1 or SharePoint Online Plan 2, currently included in these Office 365 plans:
- Business (Maximum of 300 users)
- Microsoft 365 Business Basic, formerly known as Office 365 Business Essentials
- Microsoft 365 Business Standard, formerly know as Office 365 Business Premium
- Enterprise (Unlimited number of users)
- Office 365 Enterprise E1
- Office 365 Enterprise E3
- Office 365 Enterprise E5
- Office 365 Enterprise F1
- Office 365 Enterprise F3
- Education (Unlimited number of users)
- Office 365 Education
- Government (Unlimited number of users)
- Office 365 Government E1
- Office 365 Government E3
- Office 365 Government E5
- Business (Maximum of 300 users)
- If you use MetaShare Server, these are the supported SharePoint environments:
- SharePoint Server 2019 (Standard or Enterprise)
- SharePoint Server Subscription Edition (Standard or Enterprise)
- Web browsers: MetaShare is designed to work with the current version of these browsers:
- Microsoft Edge
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
MetaShare’s boundaries and limits
The limitations for the MetaShare service, file upload limits, list threshold values and storage limits, are based on the limitations of SharePoint. For details, see these online resources from Microsoft:
- SharePoint Online software boundaries and limits
- Software boundaries and limits for SharePoint Servers 2016 and 2019
On this page we list some of the limitations that are related to document management in MetaShare: What limitations are there in Office 365, regarding document management?
For details about MetaShare specific limitations and known issues, see MetaShare’s known issues page.
Customer documents and metadata that are accessible through MetaShare are stored in the customer’s Microsoft 365 tenancy. Microsoft’s Data protection services are provided to prevent data loss.
MetaShare configuration data is stored in MetaShare’s database. This includes references to sites and usernames, which may contain personal information.
We do not share any customer data with any third-party services outside Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Azure. Billing information is however shared with an outsourced accounting firm.
Backup and disaster recovery
To ensure uninterrupted availability and facilitate effective disaster recovery, we maintain constant 24/7 monitoring. The MetaShare service is designed with automated backups, stored both within Azure and in secure offsite locations.
Maintenance, upgrades and updates of the Service
MetaShare is continuously developed with improvements and new features that will make MetaShare easier to use. In average we do 6 releases per year. Information about these updates are communicated a few days in advance, through e-mail, and are also listed in the MetaShare’s product roadmap page. For information about the latest MetaShare releases, see the release notes page.
In MetaShare’s help page you find help within the following topics:
- MetaShare user manual
- MetaShare administration manual
- How to get started with MetaShare
- MetaShare FAQ
- Known issues with SharePoint/MetaShare
Open a support case
With an active MetaShare subscription, our customers’ MetaShare administrators have the right to open a support case. Depending on severity and type of support agreement, the response time will vary.
Types of support agreements
- Basic support
- Access to MetaShare’s help.
- Pay per use support
- A response is guaranteed within 40 office hours.
- You will be charged a support startup cost per case plus the time spent on the support cases.
- Premium support
- A response is guaranteed within 8 office hours.
- You will be charged on the time spent on the support cases.
MetaShare and GDPR
If you use MetaShare Server or or Self-hosted MetaShare online, all your documents, settings and customer information are stored in your own infrastructure. If you use MetaShare Online, then no customer information, data or content is stored in MetaShare, apart from these exceptions:
- Customer information used in the MetaShare activation process (e.g. the date of the MetaShare activation, the URL to customer’s SharePoint tenant and the administrator’s e-mail address).
- MetaShare’s configuration (e.g. which filters and columns to display in the user interface).
- For all workspaces that are created from MetaShare or SharePoint sites that are linked to MetaShare, MetaShare stores their display names and their URLs.
- For all document tasks of type “Pending approval” and “Passed due date”, MetaShare stores links to the documents with pending tasks and the individuals who are responsible for these tasks.
MetaShare never store any of its customer’s documents or information about its users. Further description on how MetaShare manages GDPR.