MetaShare applies a metadata structure in Office 365. It’s easy to tag documents, as they are auto-tagged, based on the user’s context.
MetaShare is easily compared to any e-commerce site. When shopping on-line you will probably drill down to what you want to purchase by filtering and/or searching in the e-commerce site. This is a common behavior when shopping on-line. All e-commerce sites tag their product items with different metadata, in order to make it easier for their customers to find what they are looking for.
MetaShare works the same. For the user it’s easy. MetaShare’s user-friendly interface will make it easier to find, work and reuse documents and use the document management features that are enabled trough SharePoint.
- Easy to find documents by filtering on multiple metadata filters. If needed you can also combine the metadata filters with traditional document folders.
- Easy to tag documents, as they are auto-tagged, based on the users’ context.
- Easy to create documents using MetaShare’s unique “suggested templates” feature, where metadata also is applied to documents when they are created.
- Easier to work and collaborate with documents in different workspaces.
- Easier to work with SharePoint’s document management features.
This is how it works – view demo
MetaShare has enabled us to leverage the power of SharePoint for document management and collaboration and tagging which has eased document finding and search.Lumumba Juma, International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance (International IDEA)
With MetaShare our departments can finally find all their relevant documents regardless of origin or usage in other departments.Erik Pettersson, Inrego AB
Work in different workspaces
In MetaShare you can create different workspaces for different purposes, like how you set up different Teams in Microsoft Teams. Each workspace could be configured differently with different metadata structures and document management settings based on your way of work.
Example of workspace types could be:
- General workspace for most common documents (the previous common share on the file server).
- Human resource workspace for employment contracts etc.
- Financial workspace where you would like to structure financial information in different time-periods, etc.
- Project workspaces, maybe with your own project methodology as a structure.
- Contract workspace, for keeping track of your different contracts.
- And of course, many more.
You will have full control managing your documents in Office 365.
MetaShare applies a homogeneous metadata structure and document management settings in your different workspaces. Workspaces do not need to be configured manually, since MetaShare automatically applies document settings, document filters and document views across all workspaces of a certain configuration.
MetaShare is the key to order and find out.Maria Alkbrant, AFA Fastigheter