MetaShare CRM Connector creates a connection between Dynamics CRM and SharePoint, which makes it much easier to find and work with documents in both Dynamics and SharePoint / MetaShare.
How it works
- Tag the documents with metadata
- Choose which fields you want to tag a document with – for example; company, person, quote etc. The fields will be synchronized with SharePoint and handled as metadata.
- When you are to tag a document from SharePoint with, for example, the field “Companies”, all companies are synchronized with Dynamics.
- In the document view in Dynamics, the documents related to the company in question will be presented in the view.
- The documents themselves are managed from SharePoint by clicking on the MetaShare icon.
- All documents are tagged with relevant fields / metadata and saved in SharePoint.
- It will be easier to search / find documents directly from SharePoint.
- You can use filters to find documents, such as all quotes.
- Documents tagged with metadata in SharePoint open up opportunities for more features in O365:
- Create automatic flows through Microsoft Flow.
- Be able to automatically archive or delete documents from Dynamics