How do I enable single sign-on (SSO) for WebDAV access?
Users will not be prompted for authentication when they access SharePoint through a WebDAV interface. To enforce SSO to WebDAV you have to modify the computer’s registry by following these steps or by applying a group policy for this setting:
- Open your computer’s “Registry Editor” (click on the computer’s start button and type “regedit”) and start the application.
- Locate and then click the following registry sub-key: “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesWebClientParameters”
- Right-click the “Parameters” key and select “New”, and then “Multi-String Value”:
- Type “AuthForwardServerList”, and press the “Enter” key on your keyboard:
- Right-click the “AuthForwardServerList” values and select “Modify…”:
- In the Value data box, type the URL of your SharePoint domain, e.g. “https://contoso.sharepoint.com” and then click on the “OK” button:
- Close your “Registry Editor”.
- Restart the computer’s WebClient service (or the computer)
- Open your computer’s “Services” (click on the computer’s start button and type “services”) and start the application.
- Go to the WebClient service, right-click it and select “Restart”:
- You should also add both of these domains to the same security zones, the “Trusted sites” zone, see recommended browser settings for more information: