How to remove columns from a site content type
Here you find instructions on how to remove columns from a site content type in SharePoint.
- Open the site content type, in the content type hub, that you want to modify by following these steps.
- Click on the name of the column that you want to remove from the content type, in the list of available columns:
- On the content type’s column properties, click on the “Remove” button:
- The default column “Title” cannot be removed, so if you do not want to have the column displayed in the form, you need to set its status to “Hidden”.
- Removed columns from a content type are not deleted from the content type hub, to totally remove a column you need to delete it.